Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Bastiaan Zapf <ba...@tu-clausthal.de> on 2002/10/08 12:42:38 UTC

Got it working, finally

I finally got it working. My former problems seem to be related to acute low
mem conditions.

On another System, xindice is now running fine with the rpc module, which is
working also.

I'd like to take a look at other database projects to find out where typical
pitfalls are. My aim is a mpeg7 Database that can be queried via a web
interface. Remote update capabilities should be included too, but I am not
sure how exactly to do this (I think I need to create a document remotely,
is this true?)

--
	Bastiaan Zapf

RE: Got it working, finally

Posted by Bastiaan Zapf <ba...@tu-clausthal.de>.
> Nice one I'm unsure of what your problems was but I was unable to get
> Xindice and Cocoon to take to each other Hence Cocoon is unable to
> listen to Xindice which is my xml Project repository .

I posted my problems to the list the 1st of October.

> I have been able to run Xpath and other admin stufff So I'll have to
> wait for the next version of either application.

I'm not sure what the use of Cocoon is, but I will try to look it up. If I
think it's useful I'll give it a try.

>  From your next query Cocoon is the app to publish your data from
> Xindice Plz correct me if I'm wrong.

I have not yet decided which application to use. I tried xmlrpc via PHP. I
will decide for another interface (XMLObjects/Java API, Corba) if my tasks
will be easier there.

The database will need to store, query and update mpeg-7 data at a small to
medium scale. Access would be preferrably via a web interface (that probably
will have to be secured via ssl, but probably we will be able to open the
ssl connection manually on a per-use-basis, so I dont expect any problems
there)

	Bastiaan Zapf

Re: Got it working, finally

Posted by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org>.
Bastiaan Zapf wrote:

>I finally got it working. My former problems seem to be related to acute low
>mem conditions.
>
>On another System, xindice is now running fine with the rpc module, which is
>working also.
>
>I'd like to take a look at other database projects to find out where typical
>pitfalls are. My aim is a mpeg7 Database that can be queried via a web
>interface. Remote update capabilities should be included too, but I am not
>sure how exactly to do this (I think I need to create a document remotely,
>is this true?)
>
>--
>	Bastiaan Zapf

Nice one I'm unsure of what your problems was but I was unable to get
Xindice and Cocoon to take to each other Hence Cocoon is unable to
listen to Xindice which is my xml Project repository .

I have been able to run Xpath and other admin stufff So I'll have to
wait for the next version of either application.

 From your next query Cocoon is the app to publish your data from
Xindice Plz correct me if I'm wrong.

--
Regards
Chuck Robert Amadi

Before you criticize someone,
you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them,
you're a mile away, and you have their shoes.