Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by "David Smiley @MITRE.org" <DS...@mitre.org> on 2010/03/08 06:45:42 UTC

Spatial work

Hello folks,

I'm trying to follow all this spatial work going on right now and it's
tough.  I'd just like to try it out.  I'm on trunk but some of the examples
on the SpatialSearch wiki page error ("Unknown function point in Function
query").  I'm following multiple JIRA issues.  Can someone point me in the
right direction?

BTW, I was on Yonik's Lucid webinar last week and I recall he said that
there isn't spatial filtering on the query side, only results side right
now.  That surprises me because I thought the SpatialTileField implements
the query side, just as Patrick's Local-Lucene stuff does.

My requirements:  I'm looking to do spatial filters (circles, rectangles,
polygons) with distance boosting (optional).  The documents have multiple
points each.  I'm going to use distributed-search because my entire corpus
is huge.

~ David Smiley

Re: Spatial work

Posted by "David Smiley @MITRE.org" <DS...@mitre.org>.
This error is with the example docs indexed. Nothing more. I might have
forgotten to commit.

Re: Spatial work

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

--------------------------

Search the Lucene ecosystem using Solr/Lucene: http://www.lucidimagination.com/search

Re: Spatial work

Posted by "David Smiley @MITRE.org" <DS...@mitre.org>.

Re: Spatial work

Posted by "David Smiley @MITRE.org" <DS...@mitre.org>.
Another question...
  How do I query for documents that have a point in a lat-lon box (no
scoring/ranking requirements)?  If my documents had no more than one point
then I could use current Solr features with a pair of range queries each
going over a float lat field and a lon field.  But my documents have
multiple points so this won't work because the two filters wouldn't
necessarily correspond to the same point.  Is there a solution for this
problem in place with the spatial work committed already?  If so what would
the query look like for this?

None of the filters here quite address this (but would my filter query was a
circle): http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpatialSearch#Filtering

~ David Smiley

Re: Spatial work

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Mar 8, 2010, at 12:45 AM, David Smiley @MITRE.org wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I'm trying to follow all this spatial work going on right now and it's
> tough.  I'd just like to try it out.  I'm on trunk but some of the examples
> on the SpatialSearch wiki page error ("Unknown function point in Function
> query").

What's the error?