Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Steve Williams <st...@kromestudios.com> on 2004/04/07 21:58:11 UTC

Error in mod_dav_svn.so with 1.0.1

I downloaded the latest RPMs for RedHat 9 from summersoft and installed them
as I have done for every build from 0.24 to 0.37

rpm -Uvh *.rpm

Now httpd won't start and it gives this error:

Syntax error on line 1 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/subversion.conf:
Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_dav_svn.so into server:
/etc/httpd/modules/mod_dav_svn.so: undefined symbol: dav_xml_get_cdata

/etc/httpd/conf.d/subversion.conf contains this (basically a copy from the
docs)

LoadModule dav_svn_module     modules/mod_dav_svn.so

<Location /repos>
   DAV svn
   SVNParentPath /var/repos

   # Limit write permission to list of valid users.
   <LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
      # Require SSL connection for password protection.
      # SSLRequireSSL

      AuthType Basic
      AuthName "Subversion Repository"
      AuthUserFile /etc/svn-auth-file
      Require valid-user
   </LimitExcept>
</Location>

The RPMs are dated March 13.  mod_dav_svn.so in /etc/httpd/modules is dated
March 13.  What can I do to fix this?  Note that I am Linux newbie, so I
will need baby steps.

Sly

Re: Error in mod_dav_svn.so with 1.0.1

Posted by Steve Williams <st...@kromestudios.com>.
Thanks.  I found it thanks to Helge Jensen.  The "Include conf.d/*.conf" had
been moved to before the LoadModules in httpd.conf.

Can installing the 1.0.1 RPMs move the "Include conf.d/*.conf" from after
the LoadModule lines to before them?  I ask this because everything was
working just fine up until I installed 1.0.1.

Sly

Posted by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net>.