Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Daniel Ruggeri <dr...@primary.net> on 2015/05/16 16:36:52 UTC

Style checker?

All;
   I still develop in what a lot of folks would consider a fairly "primitive" environment (vi) that doesn't do anything for style checking things like line width/spacing before and after control statements/indentation/variable declaration/etc. I know of the indent tool available on most unix-like systems, but was wondering if you folks use any other tools to help along that path?
--
Daniel Ruggeri

Re: Style checker?

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
> I still develop in what a lot of folks would consider a fairly "primitive" environment (vi) that doesn't do anything for style checking things like line width/spacing before and after control statements/indentation/variable declaration/etc. I know of the indent tool available on most unix-like systems, but was wondering if you folks use any other tools to help along that path?

Once upon a time https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/tags/1.3/APACHE_1_3a1/src/.indent.pro <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/tags/1.3/APACHE_1_3a1/src/.indent.pro> was used which grew to about http://code.openhub.net/file?fid=q84uxUJ8kEH2vVim-QkGoSiCzoc&cid=h1J7pf7LYjw&s=&fp=305270&mp&projSelected=true#L0 <http://code.openhub.net/file?fid=q84uxUJ8kEH2vVim-QkGoSiCzoc&cid=h1J7pf7LYjw&s=&fp=305270&mp&projSelected=true#L0> — but I suspect that it is way out of date.

Dw.