Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Monika Garg <ga...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/23 11:20:08 UTC

Kafka request.log size is increasing continuously

Hi

I have created one node kafka cluster and one topic name test1.
Then I started ConsoleProducer and ConsoleConsumer.Both started
successfully.But what I see is in the /kafka/kafka_2.8.0-0.8.0/logs/
directory

-rw-rw-r-- 1 admin admin    5203 Jan 23 15:37 controller.log
*-rw-rw-r-- 1 admin admin 2589466 Jan 23 15:45 kafka-request.log*
-rw-rw-r-- 1 admin admin    2604 Jan 23 15:44 kafkaServer-gc.log
-rw-rw-r-- 1 admin admin    6505 Jan 23 15:40 server.log
-rw-rw-r-- 1 admin admin    2167 Jan 23 15:37 state-change.log

The size of file *kafka-request.log* is continuously increasing even though
I am not giving any message to producer.
When I killed ConsoleConsumer and ConsoleProducer,the size of file
*kafka-request.log
*stopped increasing.
So I want to know the reason why this is(*kafka-request.log) *is only file
whose size is getting increased continuously even though no message is
given to produce or no message is consumed by consumer.

--
*Moniii*

Re: Kafka request.log size is increasing continuously

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
The producer/consumer log compaction/retention can be set in log4j.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang

Re: Kafka request.log size is increasing continuously

Posted by Monika Garg <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.