Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Hamid.Shahid" <ha...@hotmail.com> on 2012/01/24 17:25:04 UTC

Questions regarding Qpid C++ windows client

Hello Everybody!

Actually, I am trying to make a Qpid C++ client work on windows with a
remote server (not developed by me). I have got a public key certificate
from the server side and I have sent my public key to them. Now, I need to
establish a SSL connection with the server, using my certificate file,
private key file and also the pubilc key certificate provided by the server.

*1 - Please let me know your suggestions, how can I achive this task using
current implementation of QPID with Windows SChannel? Is it possible with
current implementation for windows?*

I read the follownig link, which says "Client certificate authentication is
not supported at this time."
 https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/cpp/SSL

*2 - Does that mean, its not possible to achive what I am trying to do?*

*3 - Are there any plans for providing such support for C++ windows clients
as there is for JMS and Linux*?

*4 - Is it a good idea to modify the code of SslConnector.cpp &
SslAsynchIO.cpp with OpenSSL? as I was able to connect with the server with
my certifcates and key in a test program I wrote using OpenSSL without using
Qpid API.*

Thank you.

- Hamid

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

RE: Questions regarding Qpid C++ windows client

Posted by "Hamid.Shahid" <ha...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Steve,

I know and I can understand you are very busy since you are not posting much
these days. I just hope that you find sometime soon to answer these
questions.

Waiting...

Many thanks.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Hamid,

I assure you, you're not the only person working with Qpid C++ on Windows.
However, the people who could help you (like me) are very busy. It's  been
some time since I looked at the SSL code on Windows and I will need to dig
into it a bit to answer your questions.

-Steve

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
Hi Hamid,

I didn't ... the Python patch I mentioned above is for the pure Python API,
not for the Python wrapper around C++ API.

Regards
JAkub

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
Hi,

With the patch from JIRA QPID-3175, the Python API should work with SSL
client authentication as well ... it requires Python 2.6 or higher, but
seems tu run almost everywhere. I was using it on Windows, Linux and
Solaris.

Regards
JAkub

Posted by joseluis <jl...@gmail.com>.
I'm working with windows 7, mingw32 qpid14

It's working

I've compiled qpid14 with ssl support (with cmake)

I had to modify the file sspi.h

Commenting...
//SECURITY_STATUS WINAPI ApplyControlTokenA(PCtxtHandle,PSecBufferDesc);
//SECURITY_STATUS WINAPI ApplyControlTokenW(PCtxtHandle,PSecBufferDesc);

Adding...
SECURITY_STATUS WINAPI ApplyControlToken(PCtxtHandle,PSecBufferDesc);

I also had to modify the SslAsyncIO.cpp adding these macros

#define SecInvalidateHandle(x) do { \
 ((PSecHandle)(x))->dwLower = ((ULONG_PTR)((INT_PTR)-1)); \
 ((PSecHandle)(x))->dwUpper = ((ULONG_PTR)((INT_PTR)-1)); \
 } while (0)

#define SecIsValidHandle(x) \
 ((((PSecHandle)(x))->dwLower != ((ULONG_PTR)(INT_PTR)-1)) && \
 (((PSecHandle)(x))->dwUpper != ((ULONG_PTR)(INT_PTR)-1)))

#define SEC_I_CONTEXT_EXPIRED
_HRESULT_TYPEDEF_(0x00090317L)

I downloaded the certificate with iexplorer
I had to move the certificate with certmgr

regards

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org