Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ramprakash Ramamoorthy <yo...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/11 08:38:27 UTC

Migrate/Upgrade frommLucene 2.3

Dear all,

        We are moving our codebase from Lucene 2.3 to 4.1. Also, we are
migrating the older indices from 2.3 to 3.6 and then to 4.1. Would be glad
if you can share some do's and dont's during migrating the indices, which
you have experienced before.

        Also, the 2.3 indices were written using a standard analyzer then
and the current indices will use standard analyzer, version_41. Hope there
shouldn't be a problem reading the migrated indices because of the analyzer
version change? Thanks in advance. Glad if you can help.

--
With Thanks and Regards,
Ramprakash Ramamoorthy,

Re: Migrate/Upgrade frommLucene 2.3

Posted by Ramprakash Ramamoorthy <yo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
> Uwe, Just re-iterating so that I am understanding your statement right
> without ambiguity. I use standard analyzer for all english and numerals. I
> don't have a problem when reading 2.3 migrated indices with 4.1, right?
>
> Sorry, for the doubt again.

YES!

Re: Migrate/Upgrade frommLucene 2.3

Posted by Ramprakash Ramamoorthy <yo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ramprakash Ramamoorthy <yo...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> wrote:

> In that case, it should be fine. Otherwise you would need to reindex.
>
> Thank you Uwe.

> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
> http://www.thetaphi.de

With Thanks and Regards,
Ramprakash Ramamoorthy,
Member Technical Staff,
Zoho Corporation.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.

Posted by Ramprakash Ramamoorthy <yo...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> wrote:

> If you use StandardAnalyzer, you are in trouble unless you use
> StandardAnalyzer with Version.LUCENE_23 and you are using non-western
> language. If you change your code to use Version.LUCENE_41, you have to
> reindex.
>
> Thank you Uwe. We index only english and numbers. In that case
Version.LUCENE_41 wouldn't affect right? Because I don't think I can use
Version.LUCENE_23 from the 4.1 code base.

Also, I am remembering something now. We had used CJK analyzer in the 2.3
version, for the japanese and chinese version. How about using the same in
4.1. Thanks in advance.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.