Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2014/03/10 10:18:04 UTC

[VOTE] Release HttpComponents Client Android port 4.3.3 based on RC1

Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Client Android
port 4.3.3. The vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes
from HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.

Readme:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient-android/tags/4.3.3-RC1/README.txt

Maven artefacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-1008/org/apache/httpcomponents/httpclient-android/4.3.3/

SVN tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient-android/tags/4.3.3-RC1/
revision 1575871

Re: [VOTE] Release HttpComponents Client Android port 4.3.3 based on RC1

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2014-03-14 at 13:37 +0000, sebb wrote:
> On 14 March 2014 13:32, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2014-03-14 at 13:20 +0000, sebb wrote:

> >> The source in the source jar agrees with the SVN tag, but only
> >> includes the Java source.
> >> There does not appear to be a source archive which is necessary for
> >> all ASF releases.
> >>

> > Is it stated anywhere or just a presumption?
>
> It is a fundamental requirement; the ASF releases open source from its
> mirror system.
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what-must-every-release-contain
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#host-GA
>
> > We had several releases of maven plugins in the past that had no source
> > dist. I remember hearing about some ASF projects releasing Maven
> > artifacts only.
>
> Maven PMC used to do that; their release processes have been fixed.

Fair enough. I'll correct non-blocker issues discovered so far, create a
source dist and re-spin the release

Oleg

Re: [VOTE] Release HttpComponents Client Android port 4.3.3 based on RC1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
The following source files don't have AL headers:

settings.gradle
src/main/AndroidManifest.xml

The first one is a single line so does not need a header, but the
second is bigger and should probably be given a header.
Not a blocker but should be fixed for the future.

The NOTICE and LICENSE files in the jars are at the top-level.
Normally these are under META-INF - not a blocker.

The source in the source jar agrees with the SVN tag, but only
includes the Java source.
There does not appear to be a source archive which is necessary for
all ASF releases.

Checked
So I have to vote -1 unless I have overlooked the ASF source archive somewhere.

Also it is helpful to include the KEYS file link in a vote e-mail.

Release called off; Re: [VOTE] Release HttpComponents Client Android port 4.3.3 based on RC1

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2014-03-12 at 08:52 -0400, Gary Gregory wrote:
> I do not plan on testing the artifacts on Android but I'd like to try to
> download the snapshot and build it.
>
> The module could use a BUILDING.txt...

Please find building instructions here

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient-android/trunk/BUILDING.txt

> In the readme I see;
>
> "Google Android 1.0 was released with a pre-BETA spapshot of Apache
> HttpClient."
>
> I would explicitly state the version here:
>
> "Google Android 1.0 was released with a pre-BETA spapshot of Apache
> HttpClient 4.0" right?

Sounds right. Corrected.

I hope both issues are not blockers, though.

Oleg

Re: [VOTE] Release HttpComponents Client Android port 4.3.3 based on RC1

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I do not plan on testing the artifacts on Android but I'd like to try to
download the snapshot and build it.

The module could use a BUILDING.txt...

In the readme I see;

"Google Android 1.0 was released with a pre-BETA spapshot of Apache
HttpClient."

I would explicitly state the version here:

"Google Android 1.0 was released with a pre-BETA spapshot of Apache
HttpClient 4.0" right?

Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release HttpComponents Client Android port 4.3.3 based on RC1

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
> Vote: HttpComponents Client Android port 4.3.3 release
> [X] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Client Android port 4.3.3.
> [ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).
Not sure if Android would actually consider updating to this, but I feel
that this is possibly a good move on our part to work towards that

asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera
AdroitLogic, http://adroitlogic.org

http://esbmagic.blogspot.com

Re: [VOTE] Release HttpComponents Client Android port 4.3.3 based on RC1

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.