Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "F.D." <fr...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/04 15:07:43 UTC

How works an ignite node?

Hi igniters,

I'm testing my client/server nodes using C++ distributed closures. So, I've
a question or you: on my server, where I launched my server node, how many
instance of server I've to launch? One for each physical core?

What's the rule for an optimal performance?

Thanks,
   F.D.

Re: How works an ignite node?

Posted by "F.D." <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eduard,

I'm looking for maximum  throughput  , I thought so, but I found that I've
the best performance with the same number of ignite instance as the cores.
I've more than 8000 distributed closures that I want to execute on my
ignite node. At the beginning of the execution the CPU is at 100% of
utilizzation, but after about a minute, it collapses to around 20%.

Consider that the execution spent 18 min with 1 node and 3 min with 16
nodes (my server has 16 core). Any ideas?

Re: How works an ignite node?

Posted by vgrigorev <vg...@mail.ru>.
according doc:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/job-scheduling#section-one-at-a-time
where is described that Cores*4 number runs in parallel,

Better, set this number:   "parallelJobsNumber" value="16"
by self to your number and check if it executed as described.

You can parallelize to all CPU using many ignite nodes on each physical
server, but this is generally bad construction due to multiple overheads
from use additional setup and interaction resources for each server
instance.

Re: How works an ignite node?

Posted by Eduard Shangareev <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi, F.D.