Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/04 16:25:36 UTC

Help with updating the Maven Tomcat Plugin

Hi guys,

I'm trying to work on

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MTOMCAT-234

Unfortunately the only thing that is left is this: the tomcat-maven-plugin
uses
ExternalRepositoriesReloadableWebappLoader to load additional repositories
in the
classloader.

ExternalRepositoriesReloadableWebappLoader extends WebappLoader

and WebappLoader implements Loader.

And before tomcat8 the org.apache.catalina.Loader interface had these 2
methods:

    public void addRepository(String repository);
    public String[] findRepositories();

so the ExternalRepositoriesReloadableWebappLoader could call
super.addRepository() and manually add repository.

But I can see in the svn log that since version 1401503 these 2 methods are
removed (not deperecated, but simply removed). And I can't seem to find any
possible way to add repository to the loader!
Can you please guide me what should be the correct way to overcome this.

Thanks.

--
Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.

Re: Help with updating the Maven Tomcat Plugin

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2014-02-04 Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm trying to work on
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MTOMCAT-234
>
> Unfortunately the only thing that is left is this: the tomcat-maven-plugin
> uses
> ExternalRepositoriesReloadableWebappLoader to load additional repositories
> in the
> classloader.
>
> ExternalRepositoriesReloadableWebappLoader extends WebappLoader
>
> and WebappLoader implements Loader.
>
> And before tomcat8 the org.apache.catalina.Loader interface had these 2
> methods:
>
>     public void addRepository(String repository);
>     public String[] findRepositories();
>

> so the ExternalRepositoriesReloadableWebappLoader could call
> super.addRepository() and manually add repository.
>
> But I can see in the svn log that since version 1401503 these 2 methods are
> removed (not deperecated, but simply removed). And I can't seem to find any
> possible way to add repository to the loader!
> Can you please guide me what should be the correct way to overcome this.

http://tomcat.apache.org/migration-8.html#Web_application_resources
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/config/resources.html#Nested_Components

Context.getResources() and
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/api/org/apache/catalina/WebResourceRoot.html