Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2008/07/18 20:45:28 UTC

Sample pom files....

Sean,

I was looking at your pom files for the sample.   I'm wondering if we
could get rid of the env.CXF_VERSION requirement by using version
ranges and profiles and such.

I've attached an modified versionof the wsdl_first for you to look at.

First, it defines a cxf.version property (defaults it to "[2,)" which
means any 2.x version), but can be overwridden on the command line
like -Dcxf.version=2.1.1 or similar.

Second, by default, it only checks the release repository.  No point
in checking the snapshots.   There is a -Psnapshot profile that would
enable it if we want.

Anyway, what do you think?

RE: Sample pom files....

Posted by "O'Callaghan, Sean" <se...@iona.com>.
Hi Dan,

It makes sense to remove use of an env variable if there is another way around not hardcoding specific versions into the pom. Updating the poms when there is a major release, that is, a move to 3.x etc, is a very small cost.
I'll go back and revisit the poms I added and update accordingly with the change you suggest.

Thanks for the info,

Seán.

I was looking at your pom files for the sample.   I'm wondering if we
could get rid of the env.CXF_VERSION requirement by using version
ranges and profiles and such.

I've attached an modified versionof the wsdl_first for you to look at.

First, it defines a cxf.version property (defaults it to "[2,)" which
means any 2.x version), but can be overwridden on the command line
like -Dcxf.version=2.1.1 or similar.

Second, by default, it only checks the release repository.  No point
in checking the snapshots.   There is a -Psnapshot profile that would
enable it if we want.

Anyway, what do you think?

Registered Number: 171387