Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com> on 2012/11/22 09:01:30 UTC

Feature requests

Hi folks
At the upcoming  Cloudstack Collab conference, I am running a roundtable session which is designed to harvest as many feature requests from existing users as possible. We will then be looking for common patterns (i.e. the most requested features) and feeding those back in to the developer folks as  feature requests.

I wish to take as many ideas from the user community, real world users, businesses ,etc  as possible.

I've created a sample template below, if you're able  to complete with as many features that you'd like to see as possible, it would be much appreciated.
These could be high level/strategic  features or they could be something as simple as a password reset function (which happens to be my personal no.1!)

Please share any ideas you may have, either on this list or email me directly

Feature description

Why you want it? Whats the USE-CASE ?

Priority (10 = most important, 1 = least important)

Example: a password reset feature

Users currently cannot reset their own passwords

9

Kind Regards
Giles

Giles Sirett
Managing Consultant

giles.sirett@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com/> | Twitter:@shapeBlue<https://twitter.com/#!/shapeblue>

Find out about our free webinars on Citrix Cloud Technologies<http://www.shapeblue.com/citrix-cloud-technologies-webinar-series/>

ShapeBlue are proud to be sponsoring CloudStack Collaboration Conference
[cid:image002.png@01CDA14D.F5A9EBC0]

ShapeBlue provides a range of strategic and technical consulting and implementation services to help IT Service Providers and Enterprises to build a true IaaS compute cloud. ShapeBlue's expertise, combined with CloudStack technology, allows IT Service Providers and Enterprises to deliver true, utility based, IaaS to the customer or end-user.

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales.

Re: Feature requests

Posted by Fungo Wang <cl...@fungo.me>.
yes, our company also care about this problem very much
now, we are doing some experiment about convert vm, but no pleasing result.

so hope cloudstack provide this feature or feasible solutions.

thx

Re: Feature requests

RE: Feature requests