Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Marius <m....@gmail.com> on 2018/04/12 14:50:05 UTC

Spark Kubernetes Volumes

Hey,

i have a question regarding the Spark on Kubernetes feature. I would
like to mount a pre-populated Kubernetes volume into the execution pods
of Spark. One of my tools that i invoke using the Sparks pipe command
requires these files to be available on a POSIX compatible FS and they
are too large to justify copying them around using addFile. If this is
not possible i would like to know if the community be interested in such
a feature.

Cheers

Marius

Re: Spark Kubernetes Volumes

Posted by Anirudh Ramanathan <ra...@google.com.INVALID>.
There's a JIRA SPARK-23529
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-23529> that deals with
mounting hostpath volumes.
I propose we extend that PR/JIRA to encompass all the different volume
types and allow mounting them into the driver/executors.

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 10:55 AM Yinan Li <li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Marius,
>
> Spark on Kubernetes does not yet support mounting user-specified volumes
> natively. But mounting volume is supported in
> https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/spark-on-k8s-operator. Please see
> https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/spark-on-k8s-operator/blob/master/docs/user-guide.md#mounting-volumes
> .
>
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 7:50 AM, Marius <m....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>>
>> i have a question regarding the Spark on Kubernetes feature. I would like
>> to mount a pre-populated Kubernetes volume into the execution pods of
>> Spark. One of my tools that i invoke using the Sparks pipe command requires
>> these files to be available on a POSIX compatible FS and they are too large
>> to justify copying them around using addFile. If this is not possible i
>> would like to know if the community be interested in such a feature.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Marius

Anirudh Ramanathan

Re: Spark Kubernetes Volumes