Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/28 04:23:53 UTC

splain this lucy!!

What is the openejb_autoexport.vm file? What is the scripting language
used in that file?

Just submitted a patch for removal of the incubator status footer from
the home page. The same footer is also available in the .vm file.
I am confused.

--
Karan Singh Malhi

Re: splain this lucy!!

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot.

--
Karan Singh Malhi

Re: splain this lucy!!

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Re: splain this lucy!!

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
> Oh, Ricky!...
LOL ;)

So, the .vm file is the "main" template for the whole OpenEJB site, is
it? It creates the layout and everything. If that is true, and if i
change the css in this file, it will affect the whole website,
correct?

I have checked out the website, is there a way i can make changes to
it and see those changes (i.e. run the website on my local machine)
before i submit patches? I don't have confluence, so I am not sure how
to work on the website and submit working patches.

I have a feeling I might need confluence (which I dont have) and a
servlet container to be able to achieve the above. Want to know how
you do it?

--
Karan Singh Malhi

Re: splain this lucy!!

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
> (The ASF logo has always been a tad too big.)
And the OpenEJB logo is also pointing to openejb.org, from where it is
being redirected to openejb.apache.org
--
Karan Singh Malhi

Re: splain this lucy!!

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
Oh, Ricky!...

The openejb_autoexport.vm is written velocity and it's used by the
AutoExport plugin for Confluence to format the wiki space as html
pages.  Apparently I had updated it directly when we moved from the
Incubator and didn't check in the updated template -- my bad :)

Thanks for the patch.  I haven't looked at it yet, but here is a page
generated from the prior template:
http://openejb.apache.org/hungry-exceptions.html.  (The ASF logo has
always been a tad too big.)

-David