Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by n....@accenture.com on 2012/02/22 12:04:02 UTC

Flash player for Gaming and Video

In the technical roadmap we saw that Flash player will focus on Gaming and premium Video support.

What about Enterprise development support? Do we continue Enterprise dev. in Flex

Thanks
Nitin

________________________________
Subject to local law, communications with Accenture and its affiliates including telephone calls and emails (including content), may be monitored by our systems for the purposes of security and the assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.

www.accenture.com

Re: Flash player for Gaming and Video

Posted by Michel Boudreau <mi...@gmail.com>.
Flex is still an enterprise level tools.  What they mean by the whitepaper
is that Flex will not be part of the technical decisions for the Flash
Player in the future.  It doesn't mean that Flex won't work (that's our
job), it just means that Flash Player won't add features just because Flex
could use it.  Their priorities is to concentrate on gaming and video,
which can actually benefit Flex as well (like threading).

In my opinion, Flex is still a very viable enterprise level technology for
at least the next 2 years.  From then on, it would depend on how we, as a
community, improve it.

--
Michel Boudreau

"If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer." - Unofficial motto of
the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers

Re: Flash player for Gaming and Video

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 2/22/12 3:04 AM, "n.x.jain@accenture.com" <n....@accenture.com> wrote:

> In the technical roadmap we saw that Flash player will focus on Gaming and
> premium Video support.
>
> What about Enterprise development support? Do we continue Enterprise dev. in
> Flex

Adobe will not be focusing on Enterprise development support.  Apache Flex
will.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team