Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Guille (Bisho)" <gu...@redestb.es> on 1999/11/11 02:07:12 UTC

Filter some IP address in logs

Reciently I was asked how to filter some ip addresses and make them not
appear at the logs. The person who asked it knowns the way of doing it
in the CERN server, but not in Apache.

After searching for a while I find an elegant solution for this problem:

  SetEnvIf Remote_Addr 127.0.0.[0-255] no_log
  CustomLog common.log common env=!no_log

But it's not an obyous way, so it could be interesting to include this
somewhere in the FAQ/Documentation???

--
Guille!                | guille@redestb.es      bisho@writeme.com   |