Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Douglas Ferguson <do...@epsiia.com> on 2006/09/14 05:50:37 UTC

maven repositories & https

My IT department just started requiring my repository to use https.
However they didn�t install a signed cert.

Maven is now failing with the error: Error transferring file

Could this be because the cert isn�t signed?

Is there anything else that I need to consider when using https for the
repository url?

RE: maven repositories & https

Posted by Douglas Ferguson <do...@epsiia.com>.
I ended up using scp:// because I couldn't get anything to work over https://

However, I was unable to define multiple repositories using the same <id>
So they could share the <server> user & pass.
When you have the same <id> the first one wins and the others aren't picked up.
Using the same id works if they are in separate lists, i.e. dependency management:repositories, dependency management:snapshotrepositories, repositories.... But when you put them in the same list (i.e. all in repositories then it don't work)

D-

> My IT department just started requiring my repository to use https.
> However they didn_t install a signed cert.
>

> Maven is now failing with the error: Error transferring file
>

> Could this be because the cert isn_t signed?
>
> Is there anything else that I need to consider when using https for the
> repository url?

Good day to you, Douglas,

I think you have to specify the following in your
{M2_HOME}\conf\settings.xml

    <server>
      <username>...</username>
      <password>...</password>