Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ma...@spe.sony.com on 2004/09/22 19:23:57 UTC

How to make XSL-FO repeatable for many XML docs having same format?

Right now I have a working application where I create XML file and then
pass it through XSLT /FOP parser to create a PDF out of it. So everytime
the user clicks a button he gets a PDF.

What  I want now is to combine multiple XML files into one XML file and
then run this big XML file through the FOP parser to create one big PDF.
This PDF would have pages equivalent for each individual PDF. Note that all
the individual XMLs are validated by the same XSD..

Sorry if I have not made myself clear...I can explain in more detail if
reqd...

Thanks
Manoj

Re: How to make XSL-FO repeatable for many XML docs having same format?

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Manoj_Nair@spe.sony.com wrote:

> Right now I have a working application where I create XML file and then
> pass it through XSLT /FOP parser to create a PDF out of it. So everytime
> the user clicks a button he gets a PDF.
>
> What  I want now is to combine multiple XML files into one XML file and
> then run this big XML file through the FOP parser to create one big PDF.
> This PDF would have pages equivalent for each individual PDF. Note that all
> the individual XMLs are validated by the same XSD..

Check out the document() function. This is more of an XSLT question,
check also the XSLT FAQ reachable from
  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/

Note that FOP consumes a lot of memory while rendering large input.

J.Pietschmann