Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by myles dolan <my...@orange.fr> on 2006/02/01 12:50:37 UTC

[users@httpd] Not seeing helloworld.html in /var/www/htdocs

Good Morning

I have a basic Hello World html in the apache document area /var/www/htdocs but I cant see it using my firefoxnavigator  (using http://localhost/myworld.html or http://www.example.com/myworld.html). Localhost and 127.0.0.1 ping without problem.

The important lnes in http.conf are

DocumentRoot "/var/www/htdocs"

ServerName 127.0.0.1

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80>
    DocumentRoot /var/www/htdocs
    ServerName www.example.com
</VirtualHost>

I do restart the apache daemon each time I change http.conf. and the processes seem to be healthy.

Can anybody tell me what to try?
PS using Linux Slackware 10.2