Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Naga Pappireddi <na...@jalvamedia.com> on 2002/05/03 00:24:23 UTC

Password encryption

Hello,
Can someone tell me if there is any password encryption/decryption service
exists?
I am looking to store TURBINE_USER PASSWORD_VALUE encrypted and later to be
decrypted

I can't believe TDK doesnot already have.

If it doesnot have the service, where can I get javax.crypto package. Is it
part of JDK?

Naga

Re: Password encryption

Posted by Naga Pappireddi <na...@jalvamedia.com>.
I did find the property. I enabled it to True and set the algorithm from SHA
to DES
Also since I had JDK 1.3 I installed JCE library and put in jre\ext
When I run the application, it gives me errors

One question I have is by default it generates turbine/turbine uid/pwd in
TURBINE_USER DB table. Is the "turbine" passwd suppose to be encrypted if
the encryption working properly. Thru TOAD, I donot see it.

I remmebr the initial values of turbine/turbine are implanted using SQL. In
that case the encryption probably not there

Appreciate your comments

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Password encryption