Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Ankit Batra <an...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/05 07:51:04 UTC

Version Mismatch Check

Hi,

I am facing an issue with Ignite's version mismatch check. I have a
deployment where 3 micro-service instances also run as Ignite server nodes.
The process to update these microservices is an automated one, where 1
microservice is rebooted with a newer build at one time and until that
microservice comes up, another microservice does not reboot with a newer
build for the upgrade to complete across all the 3 instances.

This automated process of deployment exposes an issue when I bump up the
Ignite version for the micro-services and publish a newer build. When the
first microservice reboots with a newer version of Apache-Ignite (while the
other microservices are still running an older version) it throws a version
mismatch error and never comes up.

I am not sure if Ignite allows skipping this version mismatch check.
Looking for some guidance on how this can be solved?

Regards
Ankit Batra

Re: Version Mismatch Check

Posted by Ankit Batra <an...@gmail.com>.
All right. Thanks for confirming.

Re: Version Mismatch Check

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.

Re: Version Mismatch Check

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Unfortunately, Apache Ignite does not support having nodes of different
versions in the same cluster. So you will probably have to upgrade with
some downtime.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Re: Version Mismatch Check

Posted by Ankit Batra <an...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Hello!
>
> What do you mean by 'version' here? Can you quote the error in full?
>
> I think Ignite has versioning for compute tasks, but services are not
> versioned and cannot be peer-deployed or URI-deployed. This is from the top
> of my head.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Ilya Kasnacheev
>

> пт, 5 июл. 2019 г. в 10:51, Ankit Batra <an...@gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am facing an issue with Ignite's version mismatch check. I have a
>> deployment where 3 micro-service instances also run as Ignite server nodes.
>> The process to update these microservices is an automated one, where 1
>> microservice is rebooted with a newer build at one time and until that
>> microservice comes up, another microservice does not reboot with a newer
>> build for the upgrade to complete across all the 3 instances.
>>
>> This automated process of deployment exposes an issue when I bump up the
>> Ignite version for the micro-services and publish a newer build. When the
>> first microservice reboots with a newer version of Apache-Ignite (while the
>> other microservices are still running an older version) it throws a version
>> mismatch error and never comes up.
>>
>> I am not sure if Ignite allows skipping this version mismatch check.
>> Looking for some guidance on how this can be solved?
>>
>> Regards
>> Ankit Batra

Regards
Ankit Batra

Re: Version Mismatch Check

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Re: Version Mismatch Check

Posted by Ankit Batra <an...@gmail.com>.
Is this true? Can this be confirmed? I am asking for confirmation as this
might be a deal breaker. I may have to look for alternatives if this can't
be avoided.

On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 1:41 PM Gianluca Bonetti <gi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> For what I know, Apache Ignite does not allow different versions to run on
> the same cluster.
> I think that GridGain commercial version has support for running nodes
> with different versions on same cluster.
>
> Cheers
> Gianluca
>
> Il giorno ven 5 lug 2019 alle ore 08:51 Ankit Batra <
> ankit.batra11@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am facing an issue with Ignite's version mismatch check. I have a
>> deployment where 3 micro-service instances also run as Ignite server nodes.
>> The process to update these microservices is an automated one, where 1
>> microservice is rebooted with a newer build at one time and until that
>> microservice comes up, another microservice does not reboot with a newer
>> build for the upgrade to complete across all the 3 instances.
>>
>> This automated process of deployment exposes an issue when I bump up the
>> Ignite version for the micro-services and publish a newer build. When the
>> first microservice reboots with a newer version of Apache-Ignite (while the
>> other microservices are still running an older version) it throws a version
>> mismatch error and never comes up.
>>
>> I am not sure if Ignite allows skipping this version mismatch check.
>> Looking for some guidance on how this can be solved?
>>
>> Regards
>> Ankit Batra

Regards
Ankit Batra