Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by "Carole E. Mah" <ca...@mama.stg.brown.edu> on 2002/05/02 04:13:01 UTC

broken x:transform

So <x:transform> was working for me before when using early access jstl.

Now I have upgraded to beta2.

Now, I get this error:

javax.servlet.ServletException:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
Document root element is missing.

Can someone tell me why this is happening?

thank you,
-carole

Carole E. Mah                     carolem@stg.brown.edu
           Senior Programmer/Analyst
   Brown University Scholarly Technology Group
               phn 401-863-2669
               fax 401-863-9313
            http://www.stg.brown.edu/
  personal: http://www.stg.brown.edu/~carolem/

Parser Exceptions

Posted by Ronald DiFrango <di...@alumni.pitt.edu>.
Has anyone out there seen the following error when upgrading to Beta2 of the
standard taglibs:

javax.servlet.ServletException: SAX2 driver class
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser does not implement XMLReader

I placed all the JARS in WEB-INF/lib.  I am using Tomcat 4.0.1 to run the
JSP's.

Thanks in advance,

Ron

Re: broken x:transform

Posted by "Carole E. Mah" <ca...@mama.stg.brown.edu>.
Shawn sent me this reply -- it was not parsing anything becasue it never
even found the files - I was using the wrong syntax for the file path.

Re: broken x:transform

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.

Re: broken x:transform

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
Carole,

We'll need more information to help.  What are the input XML and XSLT
documents.  The error likely indicates that one of them is empty or null.

--
Shawn Bayern
"JSP Standard Tag Library"   http://www.jstlbook.com