Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Anton Okolnychyi <ao...@apple.com.INVALID> on 2020/11/08 18:06:43 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 0.10.0 RC5

Hi everyone,

I propose the following RC to be released as official Apache Iceberg 0.10.0 release.

The commit id is c344762c8ad11d67da16dc2ee678eb542ea4c495
* This corresponds to the tag: apache-iceberg-0.10.0-rc5
* https://github.com/apache/iceberg/commits/apache-iceberg-0.10.0-rc5 <https://github.com/apache/iceberg/commits/apache-iceberg-0.10.0-rc5>
* https://github.com/apache/iceberg/tree/c344762c8ad11d67da16dc2ee678eb542ea4c495 <https://github.com/apache/iceberg/tree/c344762c8ad11d67da16dc2ee678eb542ea4c495>

The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/iceberg/apache-iceberg-0.10.0-rc5 <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/iceberg/apache-iceberg-0.10.0-rc5>

You can find the KEYS file here (make sure to import the new key that was used to sign the release):
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/iceberg/KEYS <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/iceberg/KEYS>

Convenience binary artifacts are staged in Nexus. The Maven repository URL is:
* https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheiceberg-1013 <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheiceberg-1013>

This release includes important changes:

* Flink support
* Hive read support
* ORC support fixes and improvements
* Application of row-level delete files on read
* Snapshot partition summary
* Ability to load LocationProvider dynamically
* Sort spec

Please download, verify, and test.

Please vote in the next 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Iceberg 0.10.0
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this because…

Thanks,
Anton

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 0.10.0 RC5

Posted by Anton Okolnychyi <ao...@apple.com.INVALID>.
With 6 +1, no +0 and -1 votes, this vote passes!

Thanks everyone for validating the candidate.

- Anton

Posted by John Zhuge <jz...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

--
John Zhuge

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 0.10.0 RC5

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 0.10.0 RC5

Posted by Anton Okolnychyi <ao...@apple.com.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by RD <rd...@gmail.com>.
+1