Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Tobias Weihs <To...@posteo.de> on 2020/10/14 14:58:51 UTC

IDL Annotations THRIFT-1567

Hi,

I was wondering if type annotations or annotations in general are actually working, see THRIFT-1567. The ticket mentions cpp.type and other annotations which are supposed to do stuff. Until now I have not been able to figure out how to make them do anything, no matter what annotations I added to my thrift file the output stayed exactly the same. I tried basically all cpp generator options, also tried the AnnotationTest.thrift from the thrift source code. It just does not work me.

Is anyone else able to use this feature? Any hints about what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Tobias