Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Steven Woolley <wo...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/26 19:51:04 UTC

Cleaning up an ASO on session expiration (or termination)

I have an ASO that is acting as a listener to a service.  I am
probably doing things stupidly, but it (almost) works.  When the ASO
is created, it adds itself as a listener to the service, but I have
no way of removing it as a listener when the session expires or is
explicitly terminated.  I know I can probably fudge something
together with a servlet sessionlistener  filter that finds my ASO in
the session and "cleans it up", but I'd have to assume I know how to
get the ASO from the session outside of tapestry, which is subject to
change, so I don't really want to do that.  Is there any way to
define how an ASO is cleaned up when no longer used, or any
suggestions for a better way to do this?
Thanks,
Steve