Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Natalie D Rassmann <na...@lmco.com> on 2003/06/23 12:52:14 UTC

html:option - is there a selected option attribute?

I have an Options List and I want to make one of the items in the select
list selected.  I am using the html-el tags.  How do I mark an option as
selected??  Is there a way:

Thanks in advance,

Natalie

Re: html:option - is there a selected option attribute?

Posted by Natalie D Rassmann <na...@lmco.com>.
I am using DynaValidatorForm....  I will have to try to extend this and
override the reset method and try what you suggested.

Thanks for the info.

Posted by Natalie D Rassmann <na...@lmco.com>.
This isn't going to work or at least I am not sure how it will because
it isn't a reset problem.  In the formbean, I have as part of the
property for the list what list item is selected.  For example,

I have a DynaValidatorForm property called changeType.  changeType is of
the type OptionsBean.

OptionsBean looks like this....

options - ArrayList of  int OptionId and String OptionLabel
selectedId - int

The jsp code to build the list is below:

         <B><bean-el:message key="label.revRec.chngType"
bundle="PRTR_RESOURCE_KEY"/>:</B>
property="changeType.options">
        <c:forEach items="${reviewRecordForm.map.changeType.options}"
var="changeTypeOption">
                 <c:out
value="${changeTypeOption.optionLabel}"/></html-el:option>
        </c:forEach>

This code will render the following in the resulting html file:

         <B>Change Type:</B>
            <select name="changeType.options"><option
value="1">non-SC</option>

However, I want to be able to render the following:

   <B>Change Type:</B>
   <select name="changeType.options">
     <option value"1" selected>non-SC</option>
    <option value="2">SC</option>
 </select>

I will use the selectedId from the OptionsBean to set the selected
option in the list.

How do I do this??   I don't think the overriding the reset method is
the answer??

Posted by Natalie D Rassmann <na...@lmco.com>.

Posted by Natalie D Rassmann <na...@lmco.com>.

Posted by Filip Polsakiewicz <Fi...@innoface.de>.