Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Java Group <ja...@cti2.com> on 2002/09/26 10:42:43 UTC

Running tomcat as service

Hi.

My problem is as follows:
When running tomcat normaly there is no issue, but when running as service I get an unsatisfiedLinkError Exception when trying to load dll. Even though the dll is in the Environment path.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Oded Hasidi.

How to configure tomcat to forward files to diff servlet

Posted by Aaron Chan <al...@accom.per.sg>.
Hi, I want to make tomcat to forward request for certain file type etc
.xml to a servlet. May i know how to do it?

How to configure tomcat to forward files to diff servlet

Posted by Aaron Chan <al...@accom.per.sg>.

RE: Running tomcat as service

Posted by Greg Trasuk <st...@on.aibn.com>.
Hi:

	I had a similar problem using the serial communications extensions,
which include a native DLL file.  Inititally it ran fine under the command
line, but not as a service.  Here's what I found out:

	When you run Tomcat as a service (at least as installed with the
Windows installer), it uses the JVM in the "Java Runtime Environment" rather
than the "Java Development Kit".  I found that for the serial port drivers,
this meant that I needed to place the native DLL file in "C:\Program
Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1\bin".  You might want to try putting your DLL
there.  It seems to me that there is an option to set additional environment
paths on the service installer, but I'm not sure how.  The service runner
used by Tomcat is "javaservice" at
http://www.alexandriasc.com/software/JavaService/index.html.  You might want
to check that documentation.

Cheers,