Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sunnyfr <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/09 16:16:47 UTC

Re: Re[2]: the time factor

Hi Hoss,

How come if  bq doesn't influence what matches -- that's q -- bq only
influence
the scores of existing matches if they also match the bq

when I put :
as bq=(country:FR)^2 (status_official:1 status_new:1)^2.5
Ive no result

if I put just bq=(country:FR)^2  Or bq=(status_official:1 status_new:1)^2.5
or even bq=(country:FR)^2 OR (status_official:1 status_new:1)^2.5
I will have one result.

I don't want OR but AND, if the book as this status AND are FR then boost it
more but not OR.
Because the book which come up is a book which is not french but still its
should come up.

Thanks a lot

Re: Re[2]: the time factor

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: How come if  bq doesn't influence what matches -- that's q -- bq only
: influence
: the scores of existing matches if they also match the bq

because that's the way it was designed ... "bq" is "boost query" it's
designed to boost the scores of documents that match the "q" param.

:
: if I put just bq=(country:FR)^2  Or bq=(status_official:1 status_new:1)^2.5
: or even bq=(country:FR)^2 OR (status_official:1 status_new:1)^2.5
: I will have one result.

i can't explain that ... you'd need to post all of the things people
usually ask about to trouble shoot what might be happening (configs for
request handler, full query string, debugQuery="true" output, etc...)

-Hoss