Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gabriel Marti <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2001/06/29 03:36:12 UTC

somewhat closer to proper tomcat operation

hello, Id first like to thank those that are helping me. I still having
problems with my jdbc connection. I now have no environment space problems.
However i still get the error

Error: 500
Location: /clan/roster.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]
'(unknown)' is not a valid path.  Make sure that the path name is spelled
correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file
resides.

I had it working this morning when i was using tomcat 4.0 beta 5, but now i
use 3.2.2 since i can see recompiled pages, which was not the case with a
bug in 4.0. ill paste my autoexec again.
PATH=D:\jdk1.3.0_02\bin;%PATH%
SET TOMCAT_HOME=D:\tomcat_3
SET CATALINA_HOME=D:\tomcat_4
SET CLASSPATH=
%CLASSPATH%;D:\jdk1.3.0_02\jre\classes;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\servlet.jar;%TOMCAT
_HOME%\lib\jdbc.jar;D:\jdk1.3.0_02
SET JAVA_HOME=D:\jdk1.3.0_02

I know my datasource is configured properly cause i wrote an application to
test it and it works fine.Also upon startup, tomcat sets the claspath to all
the jar files in the tomcat\lib directory, and within there is a jdbc.jar
file. does the classpath need to point to the driver dll?. Anyhow i need
some advice. Im running windows 98 btw.

thanks