Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by kartheek muthyala <ka...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/16 17:08:53 UTC

Job Scheduler, Task Scheduler and Fair Scheduler

Hi all,
Can any one explain me the responsibilities of each scheduler?. I am
interested in the flow of commands that goes between these scheduler. And if
any one have any info regarding how the job scheduler schedules a job based
on the data locality?. As of I know, there is some heartbeat mechanism that
goes from task scheduler to job scheduler and in response job scheduler does
something here to find out the node where the data is more closely located
and schedules the task in that node. Is there an elaborate way of
explanation around this area?. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and Regards,
Kartheek.

Re: Job Scheduler, Task Scheduler and Fair Scheduler

Posted by kartheek muthyala <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hey Arun,
Thanks for the information. And sorry for my previous mail regarding
updates!! I just wanted to emphasize the importance of the query. I couldn't
get enough time to go through the code that's why i approached you guys, as
you are expertise in this area.
Thanks & Regards,
Kartheek.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Fwd: Job Scheduler, Task Scheduler and Fair Scheduler