Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Eric Barnhill <er...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/26 16:22:31 UTC

[numbers-fraction] merging changes

I'm rebasing fraction to master and the next merge is looking tricky.
Gilles, am I correct that you have added an interface and some methods to
Fraction, and pushed this to master? But master does not yet have the of()
and from() method name changes that we discussed while my branch does, also
my branch has parse().

If you like I can merge these two branches together. What I see remaining
to do with Fraction is:
- Write some unit tests for parse()
- Figure out what we are doing with the Format classes that we are no
longer using. Just delete them, knowing they are previous releases if
someone wants to implement numbers-formats some day?

Those are all the remaining changes I see.

Eric

Re: [numbers-fraction] merging changes

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Eric.

Le mar. 26 mars 2019 à 17:22, Eric Barnhill <er...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> I'm rebasing fraction to master and the next merge is looking tricky.
> Gilles, am I correct that you have added an interface and some methods to
> Fraction, and pushed this to master?

I don't think so.  Last commit I made to "commons-numbers-fraction",
more than 3 months ago, is:
---CUT---
commit d0cff0d8f2a249e6c87df323fe635386749f62f4
Author: Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Date:   Mon Dec 17 12:59:24 2018 +0100

    NUMBERS-83: Replace calls to JDK deprecated API.

---CUT---

So I've no idea about what could be "tricky". 8-)

> But master does not yet have the of()
> and from() method name changes that we discussed while my branch does, also
> my branch has parse().
>
> If you like I can merge these two branches together. What I see remaining
> to do with Fraction is:
> - Write some unit tests for parse()
> - Figure out what we are doing with the Format classes that we are no
> longer using. Just delete them, knowing they are previous releases if
> someone wants to implement numbers-formats some day?

I'm for deleting them.
And if we ever need the code (e.g. to implement a more IO related
module) we can recover it from git...

Best,
Gilles