Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by nessus <co...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/14 05:12:50 UTC

Re: Further documentation on j_security_check

I have the same question.

anybody know how to authenticate users with it's information in another
database table rather the preset table appfuse created automatically
"app-user", "role" and "user_role", like my own table "member". I want to
know exactly how to talk with database/in-memory storages whether the posted
user/password is valid.

thanks for your cents. nessus.

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
nessus wrote:
> I have the same question.
>
> anybody know how to authenticate users with it's information in another
> database table rather the preset table appfuse created automatically
> "app-user", "role" and "user_role", like my own table "member". I want to
> know exactly how to talk with database/in-memory storages whether the posted
> user/password is valid.

(It sounds like a different question, traditionally asked in it's own
thread.)

Have you looked at the docs? "Realm" is the element you want.

 http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/realm.html

I have no knowledge of AppFuse so I can't assume it uses a Realm too.
The beauty of open source is that you can look at the code to see how it
(Tomcat) works.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.