Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Micael Padraig Og mac Grene <ca...@harbornet.com> on 2002/03/21 03:05:20 UTC

Re: j2sdk1.4 compilation errors, any good online source for info?

Leil,

If you just want to compile, you can set the command line at the
jdk1.4/bin/ (where javac is)and then enter "javac
/usr/local/myapp/MyClass.java" or wherever the class is.  But, what you
really need to do is to set up your CLASSPATH environmental variables in
/etc/profile to the appropriate locations to find javac, java, your
classes, etc.  There is no problem with RH 7.2 and j2k1.4.  I use that.

Hope this is helpful.

Micael

What sort of name is "Leil"?  Never seen that before.  Looks cool!

Posted by Leila Lappin <ga...@comcast.net>.
thanks
I put all the listed jars in my classpath and it worked.

thanks again.

Posted by Micael Padraig Og mac Grene <ca...@harbornet.com>.

Posted by Tom Parker <to...@econz.co.nz>.
> Thanks for the answer, I'm trying to setup my CLASSPATH to find
> the jar file
> that contains the definition for String.  My problem is that I can't find
> it!!
>
> It used to be in j2ee.jar in j2skee-1_3_01.

You probably shouldn't be using any other definition of java.lang.String
than the one in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/rt.jar

Re: j2sdk1.4 compilation errors, any good online source for info?