Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> on 2011/06/09 18:00:22 UTC

Vote plans for OOo proposal

First some current stats:

73 committers.
18 currently have iclas on file.
29 have openoffice.org email addresses.
8 have ibm email addresses.
8 mentors

Overall, it looks to me like discussion is slowing, and generally
tending towards people supporting starting a vote at this time.  There
are plenty of new people here, and I don't want to create any
surprises, so I will review my understanding and plans and solicit
feedback.

Unless I see pushback that merits waiting further, I plan to call for
a vote approximately 24 hours from now (noon EDT).  The vote will run
for 72 hours.  Yes, that will span a weekend, such is not uncommon.
If such is expected to present a hardship to anybody, I ask for them
to speak now.

Binding votes are ones that are cast by Incubator PMC members.  Quorum
is 3 binding +1 yes votes.  Once quorum is met, if more +1 votes are
received than -1, the vote carries.  Otherwise, the vote fails.

If any of this is unclear or if I got anything wrong, please speak up.

- Sam Ruby

Re: Vote plans for OOo proposal

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On 6/9/2011 11:00 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> If any of this is unclear or if I got anything wrong, please speak up.

You might just want to clearly mark on ballot

*** Please change your Subject: line for any [DISCUSSION] of this [VOTE]

Re: Vote plans for OOo proposal

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Beaut, Joe just fixed the overall issue via INFA-3667
Thanks.

-David

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ro...@us.ibm.com.
sa3ruby@gmail.com wrote on 06/09/2011 12:00:22 PM:

> If any of this is unclear or if I got anything wrong, please speak up.

Presumably the wiki locks, if not physically, then at least by convention,
when the call for a vote has been made?

-Rob

Re: Vote plans for OOo proposal

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Lets go for it.

http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: Vote plans for OOo proposal

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
>>> Is it a sign to wait a bit longer with the vote?
>
> Deadlines are good at inciting action.  :-)
>
>> There's no problem with them joining later, is it?
>
> Nope.

Its just a bit more complicated as they need to get voted in.

> I intend to proceed as planned.

Fine for me.

http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: Vote plans for OOo proposal

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

--
Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men
will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of

John Maynard Keynes (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Keynes)

Re: Vote plans for OOo proposal

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

http://www.grobmeier.de

RE: Vote plans for OOo proposal

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Sam Ruby wrote:

> Unless I see pushback that merits waiting further, I plan to call for
> a vote approximately 24 hours from now (noon EDT).

Please count my +1 vote.  I will be traveling, and I don't know what my Internet access will be during the voting timeframe.

There are a lot of issues to resolve, but from what I have heard on- and off-line, they can be worked out on the project's own mailing lists.

	--- Noel