Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2007/02/16 11:37:37 UTC

Plugin downloading [was Re: Problems running 0.7 site-author]

Ross Gardler wrote:
> The built 0.1 version works with forrest 0.7 so no need to rebuil it.
>
> Now let me think about what we need to do to make this work. More to
> follow...

OK, I think I have it, but I am going from memory, I do not have time to
cross check with the code. So my assumptions will need to be tested by
someone using 0.7 *and* someone using 0.8:

When I rewrote the plugin download mechanism for 0.8 I made both the
unversioned and the versioned plugins be downloaded from a subdirectory
identified by the Forrest version number, i.e.

http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/0.7/
http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/0.8/

However, in 0.7 the unversioned plugins came from the root of the plugin
download dir:

http://forrest.apache.org/plugins

So, if we replace the plugin zips in the root directory with versions
compatible with 0.7 everything will be fine. in other words, copy

http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/0.7/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo.zip

http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo.zip

Any chance you could do this and test it out?

Ross