Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2010/10/25 15:29:02 UTC

Summary of changes to *@ws.apache.org lists

I've had a couple people ask for a quick summary about the changes that have
occurred to the WebServices mailing list.

Basically, in an attempt to strengthen the community, we've decided to
consolidate the fragmented lists down to only two mailing lists:

users@ws.apache.org - place for users to ask questions and seek advice and
such.   The xmlrpc-users and announce@ws lists were merged together to create
this list.     Developers should subscribe to this list as well to be able to
respond to users questions.

dev@ws.apache.org - place for development of the WebServices components to
take place.   Right  now, commit messages also go here (and likely hudson
notifications as well).   Shortly, we should get JIRA notices as well.
Basically, anything development related should be on this list.    This list
was created by merging:
general@
commons-dev@
xmlrpc-dev@
woden-dev@
wss4j-dev@
jaxme-dev@

As part of this process, the  following lists were completely shut down:
ws-axis-user-ja
 ws-axis-cvs
 ws-kandula-dev
 ws-rampart-dev
 ws-rampart-c-dev
 ws-sandesha-dev
 ws-savan-dev
 ws-axis-tck
as they were merged into the new lists for the Axis TLP many months ago.

Also, the lists:
ws-wsif-dev
ws-wsif-user
were shut down as we are archiving the WSIF project.

Finally, the muse related lists were left alone for right now until we
finalize the fate of Muse, although I expect those to be shut down shortly as
well.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org