Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Mayank Thakore <ma...@huawei.com> on 2007/12/12 12:06:07 UTC

multiple responses in jms

Hi,

I need to be able to send multiple responses to a single request on jms
transport. Does CXF support this style of communication or is there a
workaround to achieve this? Any sample code?

Even if this cannot be done, would some experienced member on this list
please confirm it?

I have written some wsdl based web services but am not able to figure out
how to achieve this style.

Thanks a lot!

Regards
Mayank

Re: multiple responses in jms

Posted by Ulhas Bhole <ul...@iona.com>.
Hi Mayank,

You would be better off writing new transport that serve your purpose.
It will not be that hard. You can't register partial transport files
that you modified as such but you can write whole new transport and
attach it to CXF. all you need to do is to tell CXF via Spring
configuration which transport factory to pickup and the transport
factory should take care of invoking your implementation.

Regards,

Ulhas Bhole

Mayank Thakore wrote:
> Thanks for the answer Ulhas! This clears up the air. Though
> unfortunately this is the answer I had anticipated.
>
> We were earlier using XFire and ended up customizing the
> JMSTransport/Channel classes to suit our needs. CXF has much better
> support but with our requirements maturing we have to customize here
> too.
>
> One question. In XFire we were able to register the modified transport
> files. Any such luck here? I wasn't able to find anything in google or
> the user/arch guide.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Regards
> Mayank
>
> On Dec 12, 2007 6:33 PM, Ulhas Bhole <ul...@iona.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mayank,
>> Answer is NO. currently JMS transport only works on 1 request, 1reply
>> basis.
>> The workaround might be to use the pub/sub mechanism and have something
>> like client sending a request to a topic on server side and then server
>> doing the same thing other way round on some other topic where the
>> client side will also have topic listener on which it can accept the
>> replies.
>>
>> Other option a bit complicated and time consuming is to extend the
>> existing JMS transport or write your own transport to suit your purpose.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ulhas Bhole
>>

>> Mayank Thakore wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I need to be able to send multiple responses to a single request on jms
>>> transport. Does CXF support this style of communication or is there a
>>> workaround to achieve this? Any sample code?
>>>
>>> Even if this cannot be done, would some experienced member on this list
>>> please confirm it?
>>>
>>> I have written some wsdl based web services but am not able to figure out
>>> how to achieve this style.
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot!
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Mayank
>>>

>> ----------------------------
>> Registered Number: 171387
>> Registered Address: The IONA Building, Shelbourne Road, Dublin 4, Ireland

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

Re: multiple responses in jms

Posted by Mayank Thakore <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ulhas Bhole <ul...@iona.com>.
Hi Mayank,

Mayank Thakore wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to be able to send multiple responses to a single request on jms
> transport. Does CXF support this style of communication or is there a
> workaround to achieve this? Any sample code?
>
> Even if this cannot be done, would some experienced member on this list
> please confirm it?
>
> I have written some wsdl based web services but am not able to figure out
> how to achieve this style.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Regards
> Mayank

Registered Number: 171387

Re: multiple responses in jms

Posted by Davide Gesino <wi...@libero.it>.
Hi,

you should post your answer to a different Thread than mine to make it
visible, my thread has a different subject.

Davide