Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2001/06/27 22:55:06 UTC

Tagging tree tonight.

Just a heads up.  The tree looks to be very stable right now.  As soon as
I get home from work today (about 6:00 PST), I plan to commit the threaded
MPM change, test the build one final time, and tag the tree.

If anybody objects let me know.  Otherwise, we should have beta candidate
tonight.

Ryan

Re: Tagging tree tonight.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <ad...@rowe-clan.net>.
This all comes back to the distinction between the max size of the file
to back the mmap, versus the actual size of the mmap'ed view.

This API needs to be totally revisited, but the spirit of setting offhi to zero
works for today.

Bill

Posted by Greg Marr <gr...@alum.wpi.edu>.
At 05:34 PM 06/27/2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > At 05:08 PM 06/27/2001, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> > >Hold off. There is a serious bug in the APR MMAP code on Windows
> > >that is breaking things.
> > >The offending code from mmap.c is here:
> > >
> > >     offhi = (DWORD)((*new)->psize << 32);
> >
> > This should be >> instead of <<.
> >
> > #define HIWORD(l)           ((WORD)((DWORD_PTR)(l) >> 16))
> >
> > so HIDWORD(l) would be l >> 32
>
>DWORD's are 32 bits.  apr_off_t is 64 bits.

Right, so when you want the top 32 bits of the 64 bit value, you
shift right 32 bits.  (The HIWORD quote was just an analogy).

--
Greg Marr
gregm@alum.wpi.edu

Re: Tagging tree tonight.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <ad...@rowe-clan.net>.

Re: Tagging tree tonight.

Posted by Greg Marr <gr...@alum.wpi.edu>.
At 05:08 PM 06/27/2001, Bill Stoddard wrote:
>Hold off. There is a serious bug in the APR MMAP code on Windows
>that is breaking things.
>The offending code from mmap.c is here:
>
>     offhi = (DWORD)((*new)->psize << 32);

This should be >> instead of <<.

#define HIWORD(l)           ((WORD)((DWORD_PTR)(l) >> 16))

so HIDWORD(l) would be l >> 32

--
Greg Marr
gregm@alum.wpi.edu
"We thought you were dead."

Re: Tagging tree tonight.

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
If nothing else happens with this, I will just set to zero before I tag
tonight.

Ryan

Re: Tagging tree tonight.

Re: Tagging tree tonight.

Posted by "Paul J. Reder" <re...@raleigh.ibm.com>.
Good heavens, I set up to test Ryans patch in a heavy load long run
environment. I stopped watching mail at 5:30 and check back this morning
and before any heavy testing could occur everything is committed and tagged.
Whew, that was fast.

I am doing some heavy testing of the current threaded mpm (with Ryan's patch).
I am also approaching completion of my version (still needs testing). I'll
let you all know what I find with the heavy load testing.

--
Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein

Re: Tagging tree tonight.

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
Cliff,
I'll take a look at it a bit more closely when I can.  Got a bunch of family obligations
tonight and slipping to the ThinkPad as time allows :-)

Bill
Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.