Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Scott Purcell <sp...@vertisinc.com> on 2004/11/03 17:32:47 UTC

zip instead of war

Hello,

I am trying to create a war file to deploy on my servlet container. I have used the <war> command prior, but now would like to use <zip> command.
 My targets involve the following:
1) info - gather property values, etc.
2) checkout - pull classes and libs from cvs using <cvs>
3) compile - javac the above classes, using the libs in the classpath
4) createwar - somehow call the <zip> with all files needed in the correct directory structure.

So my question is as follows:
I need to create the following structure before calling zip:
myapp
myapp/WEB-INF
myapp/WEB-INF/lib
myapp/WEB_INF/classes
myapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
etc.

I currently use three directories:
src - where cvs check out into
build - where I compile src to
dist - where the .war file ends up.

Should I create the above structure before I compile? and then put the compile there. I am trying to come up with a workflow and could use a hand from someone who has possibly been through this:

Thanks,
Scott