Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/09 21:47:48 UTC

Odd RTE

I could use some help:

I’m getting a weird RTE when trying to get the computedFormat of a SpanElement. This is the stack trace in the TLF classes:

TypeError: Error #2007: Parameter digitCase must be non-null.
	at flash.text.engine::ElementFormat/set digitCase()
	at flashx.textLayout.elements::FlowLeafElement$/http://ns.adobe.com/textLayout/internal/2008::computeElementFormatHelper()[/Users/harbs/Documents/ApacheFlex/flex-tlf/textLayout/src/flashx/textLayout/elements/FlowLeafElement.as:447]
	at flashx.textLayout.elements::FlowLeafElement/http://ns.adobe.com/textLayout/internal/2008::computeElementFormat()[/Users/harbs/Documents/ApacheFlex/flex-tlf/textLayout/src/flashx/textLayout/elements/FlowLeafElement.as:382]
	at flashx.textLayout.elements::FlowLeafElement/get computedFormat()[/Users/harbs/Documents/ApacheFlex/flex-tlf/textLayout/src/flashx/textLayout/elements/FlowLeafElement.as:564]

The error is on this line:
			format.digitCase			= computedFormat.digitCase;

where format.digitCase was “default” and computedFormat.digitCase is undefined.

The only lead I have is that this is for a paragraph terminator span, and I’m guessing that something might have not been initialized correctly. I’m assuming that this is something that I messed up with my tables work...

Thoughts anyone?

Harbs

Re: Odd RTE

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Maybe. But first I have to isolate what’s special about this paragraph. I haven’t figured that out yet…

What’s clearly happening is the computedFormat is coming from the paragraph and not the span and for some reason the digitCase (as well as some other properties) are undefined rather than the default values.

ElementFormat does not like trying to assign undefined.

It seems to be a pretty isolated case. I’m beginning to think it might have nothing to do with my work on tables.

Re: Odd RTE

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: Odd RTE

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.