Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ru...@xs4all.nl on 2003/10/09 11:48:39 UTC

JDBC Realm not working with - Please help

Hi,

I'm trying to setup my web app to use JDBC Realm. I am using SQL Server 2000.

Here is the script to create tables:

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[t_Role] (
	[RoleId] [int] IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL ,
	[role] [varchar] (12)
)

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[t_Usr] (
	[UsrId] [int] IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL ,
	[UsrName] [varchar] (10) ,
	[Pwd] [varchar] (10)
)

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[t_UsrRole] (
	[UsrRoleAdmin] [int] IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL ,
	[UsrName] [varchar] (10) ,
	[RoleName] [varchar] (10)
)

Below is the only changes I have made to my server.xml file.

      <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
             driverName="com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver"
          connectionURL="jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://exp468:1433;DatabaseName=Mosaic;user=sa;password=c0mmun1$t;"
         connectionName="rudi" connectionPassword="rudi"
              userTable="t_Usr" userNameCol="UsrName" userCredCol="Pwd"
          userRoleTable="t_UsrRole" roleNameCol="RoleName" />

Cheers,

Rudi

Re: JDBC Realm not working with - Please help

Posted by ru...@xs4all.nl.
I have also placed the following files in D:\Tomcat 4.1\common\lib:

msutil.jar, mssqlserver.jar, and msbase.jar, and restarted tomat, but
still no joy.

Posted by Lawence <al...@yahoo.com>.
Suggestions:

1. Check the log files for possible error messages $CATALINA_HOME/log
2. Write a java application to try the connection, see what you would get