Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Praveen R <pr...@sigmoidanalytics.com> on 2014/07/07 09:41:55 UTC

Broadcast variable in Spark Java application

I need a variable to be broadcasted from driver to executor processes in my
spark java application. I tried using spark broadcast mechanism to achieve,
but no luck there.

Could someone help me doing this, share some code probably ?

Thanks,
Praveen R

Re: Broadcast variable in Spark Java application

Posted by Cesar Arevalo <ce...@zephyrhealthinc.com>.
Hi Praveen:

It may be easier for other people to help you if you provide more details about what you are doing. It may be worthwhile to also mention which spark version you are using. And if you can share the code which doesn't work for you, that may also give others more clues as to what you are doing wrong.

I've found that following the spark programming guide online usually gives me enough information, but I guess you've already tried that.

Best,
-Cesar