Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> on 2019/12/01 09:35:31 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache NetBeans 11.2-u1 update

Hi All,

I've closed the vote on Apache NetBeans 11.2-u1 update with a result
of 7 +1 binding votes and 2 +1 votes from community members. There
were no 0 or -1 votes.

Thanks everyone!  I'll now progress with moving the updates to the
release mirrors, after which we can push these updates to users.

Full results of the vote (after tallying against the PMC roster) are as follows.

+1 binding votes :

Eric Barboni http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=skygo
Matthias Bläsing http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=matthiasblaesing
Josh Juneau http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=javajuneau
Laszlo Kishalmi http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=lkishalmi
Neil C Smith http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=neilcsmith
Geertjan Wielenga http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=geertjan
Junichi Yamamoto http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=junichi11

+1 community votes :

Ernie Rael
Kai Uwe Pel

Best wishes,

Neil
Volunteer Release Manager for Apache NetBeans 11.2

Re: Apache NetBeans 11.2-u1 update

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.
po 2. 12. 2019 v 14:35 odesĂ­latel Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>
napsal:

> On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 at 13:30, Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > So, directly in 11.2, everyone should automatically get a message that an
> > update is available and then be able to install it?
> >

> Yes, or you can manually check for updates.
>
> Two rounds of updates are required to pick up the nb-javac changes -
> the first updates the third-party libraries UC.

Congratulation to the great update!
-jt

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache NetBeans 11.2-u1 update

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 at 13:30, Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org> wrote:

> So, directly in 11.2, everyone should automatically get a message that an
> update is available and then be able to install it?

Yes, or you can manually check for updates.

Two rounds of updates are required to pick up the nb-javac changes -
the first updates the third-party libraries UC.

First round of updates show as third-party and signed - using ASF certificate.

Unfortunately, the nb-javac modules will show as self-signed - nothing
we can do about that until we replace the private keystore mechanism
in the build as far as I can see.

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache NetBeans 11.2-u1 update

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
So, directly in 11.2, everyone should automatically get a message that an
update is available and then be able to install it?

Gj

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.