Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Eric Torreborre <et...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/25 16:34:18 UTC

ReadOnlyBindingException

Hi all,

I want to display a form like this:

 <form jwcid="@Form"
listener="ognl:listeners.projectSelectAction">
 Select a project
 <select jwcid="@Select" multiple="ognl:true">
value="ognl:project">
   <option jwcid="@Option" selected="ognl:false"
label="ognl:project"/>
 </select>
<input type="Submit" jwcid="@Submit"
listener="ognl:listeners.projectSelectAction"
value="Go to project"/>
</form>

When I press the button, I got a
ReadOnlyBindingException that is thrown when trying to
render the Option component.

I dont understand why there is a problem because I
have a property called project associated to my page

<property-specification name="project"
type="com.pfizer.fresnes.pmd.businessobjects.projects.Project"
persistent="yes"/>

Are there example that I could follow for the ListEdit
component inside a Select component ?

I am quite new to Tapestry, so be kind with me if I
wrote horrible assertions (Hi Howard: I look forward
for the complete user guide !).

Thanks,

Eric Torreborre.

=====
Eric Torreborre
Consultant SCAN
ALTRAN Technologies
tel:    06.61.48.57.65 /  01.43.14.25.51
e-mail: etorreborre@yahoo.com