Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de> on 2008/10/10 16:26:00 UTC

i18n Problem - properties not resolved at subsequent posts to the form if declared in package.properties

Hi, i've got a simple JSP displaying some i18n text:

<s:form method="post" namespace="rules" action="index">
<s:text name="rule.name"/>
<s:submit method="save" cssClass="bg07" title="%{getText('button.save')}"
value="%{getText('button.save')}" />
</s:form>

struts.xml:

<package name="rules" extends="view" namespace="/view/rules">
	<action name="index" class="MyAction">
		<result name="success">/WEB-INF/view/ruleset/index.jsp
		</result>
		<result name="input">/WEB-INF/view/ruleset/index.jsp
		</result>
	</action>
</package>

properties are defined at package.properties and global
language_views.properties (the button ones are there!).

If i request the action my "rule.name" gets resolved.
If i hit the save submit button which does change my model and redisplay the
same page (using the same action), all i18n messages which are declared at
package.properties are missing, why?

If i declare my "rule.name" property at the global language_views.properties
file, it works everytime?
Bug? Some error i did? Any help appreciated.

Torsten

--
Bitte senden Sie mir keine Word- oder PowerPoint-Anhänge.
Siehe http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.de.html

Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a
completely unintentional side effect."
	-- Linus Torvalds