Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2015/04/06 18:42:23 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

Hi all,

as you may know, codehaus will be down soon:

http://www.codehaus.org/

Even if it's not clear about the future of the IRC server, I think it
makes sense to try to anticipate.
I propose to "move" our IRC channels to freenode (irc.freenode.net) with
the following name:

#apache-activemq
#apache-archiva
#apache-camel
#apache-cxf
#apache-kalumet
#apache-karaf
#apache-servicemix

WDYT ?

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
The irclog has been enabled (thanks to Dan Kulp) and is available under
http://irclogs.dankulp.com/logs/irclogger_logs/apache-servicemix

Regards
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak

JEE & OSS Architect
Apache Software Foundation Member
Apache ServiceMix <http://servicemix.apache.org/> Committer & PMC chair
Senior Solution Architect @ Capgemini SSC <http://www.pl.capgemini-sdm.com/en/>

Re: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1, makes sense.

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1, makes sense.

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1, makes sense.

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1, makes sense.

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1, makes sense.

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kevin Carr <ks...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> +1
>
> though I wonder why there isn't an apache hosted irc.
>
> regards, Achim

> >:
>
> > +1
> >
> > Regards
> > Krzysztof
> >
> > On 06.04.2015 18:42, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > as you may know, codehaus will be down soon:
> > >
> > > http://www.codehaus.org/
> > >
> > > Even if it's not clear about the future of the IRC server, I think it
> > makes sense to try to anticipate.
> > > I propose to "move" our IRC channels to freenode (irc.freenode.net)
> > with the following name:
> > >
> > > #apache-activemq
> > > #apache-archiva
> > > #apache-camel
> > > #apache-cxf
> > > #apache-kalumet
> > > #apache-karaf
> > > #apache-servicemix
> > >
> > > WDYT ?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > JB
> >
> > --
> > Krzysztof Sobkowiak
> >
> > JEE & OSS Architect
> > Apache Software Foundation Member
> > Apache ServiceMix <http://servicemix.apache.org/> Committer & PMC chair
> > Senior Solution Architect @ Capgemini SSC <
> > http://www.pl.capgemini-sdm.com/en/>
> >

> --
>
> Apache Member
> Project Lead
> blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Scott Carr

Re: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
+1

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
+1

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
+1

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
+1

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards
Krzysztof

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Did anyone move forward with this and setup the #apache-camel chat
room on freenode?

I cannot see this room today.

And what would it take to do so? Do we need ASF infra or who knows what to do?

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak

JEE & OSS Architect
Apache Software Foundation Member
Apache ServiceMix <http://servicemix.apache.org/> Committer & PMC chair
Senior Solution Architect @ Capgemini SSC <http://www.pl.capgemini-sdm.com/en/>

Re: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

Posted by se...@gmail.com.
+1

Posted by Dhiraj Bokde <dh...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
+1

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

Posted by jgenender <jg...@apache.org>.
Works for me.  Just forwarding it along as it seems a lot of folks adopted
the apache-* irc naming conventions.  Looks like the original email didn't
make it to the dev list.

Re: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.
Ah - Bruce beat me to the update.  I added notes to move away from codehaus
and avoid #activemq on FREENODE.

Re: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.
OK, I'll update the Apache ActiveMQ website to refer to the new
#apache-activemq channel on freenode and indicate the old channel is
deprecated.

Re: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

Posted by se...@gmail.com.
For Freenode, the right way would be to have Chanserv managed channel that is

registered under the PMC, it should be #apache-activemq

Then ops and such can be changed.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.

Fwd: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,
There is already an #archiva channel on freenode.
The ASFBot is already plugged on it.

--
Olivier Lamy

Re: [PROPOSAL] Move IRC channel to freenode ?

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards
Krzysztof

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
I have removed the Mibbit IRC widget and added the KiwiIRC widget. If you think we can't use the AGPL licensed widget we
should remove the widget from the site or eventually find another solution. The IRC site contains now the information
about the new channel on Freenode

regards
Krzysztof

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards
Krzysztof

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1, it sounds good for me.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com
http://jnn.iteye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Lars Heinemann <lh...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like a good idea to move to Freenode.

Lars

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
I have just registered it with ChanServ and set the topic protected

/msg ChanServ register #apache-servicemix
/msg ChanServ guard on

Regards
Krzysztof

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.