Posted to users@camel.apache.org by mnl <mn...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/04 09:41:50 UTC

Camel failover loadbalancer empty processor list

Hi,

I configured a route, say A. A consumes from one endpoint (say E1) and uses
failover loadBalancer to deliver to set of endpoints (say EList). On
starting the camel context it is unable to connect to one of the endpoints
(due to some endpoint issue) in EList. So the camelContext fails to start.

I added retry logic using while loop to retry starting camelContext whenever
exception occurs. So next time camelContext starts but on checking the route
A in camelContext I found the EList to be empty for failover.
I am not able to figure out why this happened. May be there is some
condition which is removing the processors from failover and is not
resetting it. I have been trying long to understand the code structure to
get the root cause of the issue but not successful.

Any help will be appreciated. Stuck on this for long? Also is there any irc
channel where I can raise this concern?

Re: Camel failover loadbalancer empty processor list

Posted by mnl <mn...@gmail.com>.
ping?

Re: Camel failover loadbalancer empty processor list

Posted by mnl <mn...@gmail.com>.
I am using camel version 2.17 . The endpoints used in load balancer are
corresponding to external party which has provided some set of urls (host
and port) to connect to send message. So, here for trial, instead of set I
just have one endpoint for now. So when connection to this one endpoint
fails Failover loadbalancer still starts up with empty processor list.
I am guessing for list of endpoints (more than or equal to 2 may be ) if
connection to all of them fails Failover loadbalancer will still start with
empty processor list.
I think there needs to be some check which doesn't remove the endpoints from
the failover list and throws exception preventing it to start in case it has
empty list.

Can you please guide me with this. Thanks

Re: Camel failover loadbalancer empty processor list

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
What Camel version are you using? And what endpoints/processors etc
are you using in the load balancer?

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 11:41 AM, mnl <mn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I configured a route, say A. A consumes from one endpoint (say E1) and uses
> failover loadBalancer to deliver to set of endpoints (say EList). On
> starting the camel context it is unable to connect to one of the endpoints
> (due to some endpoint issue) in EList. So the camelContext fails to start.
>
> I added retry logic using while loop to retry starting camelContext whenever
> exception occurs. So next time camelContext starts but on checking the route
> A in camelContext I found the EList to be empty for failover.
> I am not able to figure out why this happened. May be there is some
> condition which is removing the processors from failover and is not
> resetting it. I have been trying long to understand the code structure to
> get the root cause of the issue but not successful.
>
> Any help will be appreciated. Stuck on this for long? Also is there any irc
> channel where I can raise this concern?

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus