Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Jin Zhao <jz...@qcorps.com> on 2001/03/21 16:53:32 UTC

How about log4j.layout in configure file?

I meet such a condition when configure log4j using an extended
PropertyConfigurator.
There are more than two dozens of Appenders use one same layout.
What I did is just copy and paste them. However, everytime I make
changes to the layout, I need to copy and paste again.

Can we configure layout in the similar way as for appenders ? We may
define  a layout first and let appenders to make reference to that
layout, just like we define an appender first and let categories to
reference it.

It seems need to change the current log4j source.

Or any work around for the condition I meet?

Any responses are appreciated.

Jin