Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Rich Schumacher <ri...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/16 01:38:06 UTC

Return data size in zkpython

Hey all,

I'm working on using ZooKeeper for an internal application at Digg.  I've been using the zkpython package and I just noticed that the data I was receiving from a zookeeper.get() call was being truncated.  After some quick digging I found that zookeeper.c limits the data returned to 512 characters (see http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/zookeeper/tags/release-3.2.2/src/contrib/zkpython/src/c/zookeeper.c?view=markup line 855).

Is there a reason for this?  The only information regarding node size that I've read is that it should not exceed 1MB so this limit seems a bit arbitrary and restrictive.

Thanks for the great work!

Rich

Re: Return data size in zkpython

Posted by Rich Schumacher <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hey Henry,

Thanks for the quick response and patch.  I was going to cobble together a quick patch but this is a much more robust solution.  I'll implement this fix and let you know if I run into any problems with it.

Thanks again!

Rich

Posted by Henry Robinson <he...@cloudera.com>.
Hi -