Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "David Smiley (@MITRE.org)" <DS...@mitre.org> on 2013/10/08 18:02:11 UTC

Re: Equivalent LatLongDistanceFilter in Lucene 4.4 API

Hi James,

The spatial module in v4 is completely different than the one in v3.  It
would be good for you to review the new API rather then looking for a 1-1
equivalent to a class that existed in v3.  Take a look at the top level
javadocs for the spatial module, and in particular look at
SpatialExample.java:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/branches/branch_4x/lucene/spatial/src/test/org/apache/lucene/spatial/SpatialExample.java?view=markup

A hint at a solution is that you should query by intersection with a circle
shape.  Think in terms of shapes, not distances unless you need to sort or
boost by the actual distance.

~ David

james bond wrote

-----